- Rights of people with disability routinely ignored: new report
- People with disability to take concerns to the United Nations
- People with disability tell United Nations about abuse, discrimination
Civil Society Shadow Report
- Find out about the Shadow Report Working Group.
- Download the Shadow Report at the end of this media release.
- Read our factsheets highlighting 11 key issues from the report – available in Plain English.
- The report made use of statistics and stories from a national survey of people with disability – see the initial results summary on the page that formerly introduced the survey, and more detailed statistics with anonymised quotes.
Find out more here about the members of the delegation, and read each of their opening statements to the UN Committee. We also livetweeted those – you can retweet highlights from Damien, Justen, Kelly, Sonia, Lauren, Noel, and Judy‘s speeches.
- Day 1 – Monday 9 September
- Day 2 – Tuesday 10 September
- Day 3 – Wednesday 11 September
- Day 4 – Thursday 12 September
- Day 5 – Friday 13 September
- Tuesday – Justen and Lauren
- Wednesday – Kelly and Judy, plus a short video from our side event
- Thursday – Sonia
- Friday – Damien
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities has made strong recommendations for immediate action to be taken by the Australian Government to address ongoing human rights violations. We’ve summarised some of their key concerns in this post.
You can download the UN Committee’s concluding observations from the UN Human Rights Commission website, here. AFDO have also uploaded PDF and accessible Word versions on their website.