DPO Australia works closely with a range of government departments and programs to ensure that the rights of people with disability are respected, acknowledged and upheld.
Key program and policy areas we work across include:
- Advocating for the establishment of formal engagement mechanisms for people with disability to provide feedback to Government on key reform agendas.
- Engage in policy and law reform and program design and implementation in relation to the National Disability Strategy (NDS).
- Actively contributing to the reforms under the Disability Employment Framework.
- Actively contributing to the implementation and design of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Actively contributing to the Review of the National Disability Advocacy Program (NDAP)